[oletrucks] More VIN questions...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] More VIN questions...
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:32:28 EST
In helping out with the construction of the web page with the vin #'s, I had
an interesting situation come up, My truck was sold as an '48, and has all the
signs of being a 48. The radiator has an "48" stamped on the resevoir, and the
shifter is on the collum.  When submitting the information for the sight, I
noted that the 1st letter is an E instead of the F that was supposed to be for
the '48.  The code went on to reveal that the truck was produced in Atlanta,
in November.  My Questions are these: Did any '47's come with collum shifters?
And, is it possible that I have a late, late, verry late '47 that had already
began to use '48 parts?

I do not know if such a possibility exists, I've contacted the second owner of
the truck and he purchased the truck in 1968 and said that he thought it was a
'48 because of the radiator.

What do I have?

Casey
?'48? Chevrolet Thriftmaster 3100