Re: [oletrucks] More VIN questions...

To: <VIKINGHILL@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More VIN questions...
From: "BelAir Bob" <rogerz@planetwide.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:05:50 -0800
Casey,

When you truck was produced, just like today, the new models for each year
were introduced a few months before the year acually began.  So it is very
possible you have a 48 that was made in late 47.  I have seen documentation
that 55-57 Chevy car production started as early as September of the
previous year with the new models being released to the public on October
1.  Show Day.

Robert
57 1/2 ton Panel custom
57 Belair Sport Coupe restored to factory specs.

----------
> From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject: [oletrucks] More VIN questions...
> Date: Wednesday, February 10, 1999 6:32 AM
>
> In helping out with the construction of the web page with the vin #'s, I
had
> an interesting situation come up, My truck was sold as an '48, and has
all the
> signs of being a 48. The radiator has an "48" stamped on the resevoir,
and the
> shifter is on the collum.  When submitting the information for the sight,
> noted that the 1st letter is an E instead of the F that was supposed to
be for
> the '48.  The code went on to reveal that the truck was produced in
Atlanta,