[oletrucks] rear end replacement

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] rear end replacement
From: matt <wildm@worldaccessnet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:58:42 -0800
I had the misfortune of putting the truck in the freeway median (read
mud) last week after a semi decided he needed my lane more than I did.
After a friend pulled my out, I was able to drive the remaining 3 miles
into work. However, on my way home I only made it about a mile before
the rear end locked up and won't go any further. I haven't been able to
rip it apart yet, (just got it home last night ) but I'm expecting the
worse.
If the rear is shot or needs extensive repair, I'm considering putting
in a replacement from the local boneyard for approx. $150. Right now I
have an open driveline but I'm not sure of what it's from, gearing, etc.
If I decide to go the replacement route, I'm wondering if a
regular 10-bolt will work. Any suggestions/things to look for?

matt w.
'50 3100