Re: [oletrucks] rear end replacement

To: agingles@nucleus.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] rear end replacement
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:34:17 EST
In a message dated 02/11/1999 8:06:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
agingles@nucleus.com writes:

<<
 I have a '77 Pontiac Paresienne Brougham rear with 3:08 gears in my '48.
 I had the same problem with the stock rim offset. My new wheels are
 15x7, with a 3.8 inch offset, with 215/75/15 tires. They do not rub at
 all any more. I do have the problem of 5 inch bolt pattern on the back
 with 4 3/4 rotors on the front. :-( I just carry a mini spare with both
 bolt patterns. The 3:08 gears allow me plenty of snap off the line, and
 a nice rpm level for highway driving.  >>
Thanks for the info, as I'm seriously considering putting the '78 Bonneville
rear in my '48. My truck has twin side-mounted spares, so I'll be able to live
with the 5" bolt circle on the back and 4.75" on the front. I plan to pull the
wheels today and make sure, but I think the '78 has 11" brakes rather than
9.5" like the '84 I'm currently running.