Re: [oletrucks] suburban book

To: <varanus@mail.phoenix.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] suburban book
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:11:12 -0800
Actually, in 1958 the NAPCO trucks (unless it is a Powr-Pak conversion)
rolled off of the same line as all other Suburbans and pickups.  The main
difference was the addition of the transfer case & bracket to the frame and
the front axle. Most (some differences in the steering and suspension
components) of the other components were the same as the standard trucks.
GMC brought the whole process to the assembly line at the beginning of the
56 model year ("X" for all you GMC die-hards), and Chevy did the same
starting in 1957.  I have a copy of a "Salesman Information Pamphlet" and
an advertisement both for the 56 year trucks.
If you want to include some of this info, I can put you in touch with the
people who have the original material.  Good luck, and keep me posted on
how the project goes.

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC

> From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject: [oletrucks] suburban book
> Date: Thursday, February 11, 1999 3:14 AM

<snip>

I will definitly include unrestored vehicles in any