Re: [oletrucks] Cab Insulation

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cab Insulation
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:55:48 -0800
Bill Bailey wrote:

> Was wondering if anyone on the list had any experience with this foil
> backed insulation that you see for sale at all the swap meets. It's the
> stuff that looks like bubble pack sandwiched between two sheets of foil.  I
> was considering getting some to aid in keeping my cab warm or cool
> depending on the season of the year.  I was also hoping it had some decent
> acoustical properties that would cut down on the road noise some.  Am I
> hoping for too much?
> Thanks in advance
>
> Bill Bailey
> http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck

Hi Bill,

This stuff works quite well. I'm using it everywhere in my cab...floor,
firewall, roof, behind and under the seats, etc. I'm putting a double
laye on the floor and firewall for extra sound dampening.
A little tip though...you can buy it quite a bit cheaper at any home
repair place, like Eagle or Home Depot. It's used as pipe wrap.

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy "1314"
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles