[oletrucks] chevrolet series number questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] chevrolet series number questions
From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:26:01 +0000
Hi group:  I am hoping that someone can clear this up for me.

The question is did GM give a different series/model number if the
vehicle was a napco.

My question stems from the fact that my 58 chev 2wd suburban with
the liftgate has 3116 on the vin tag. The same model with barn doors
has 3106 as it's series number. However, my 58 suburban with barn
doors and the napco kit has 3156 as its series/model number, although
I myself haven't seen the actual vin tag  as I haven't picked the
beast up yet. But the owner relayed the model number to me.

I can't find any supporting documentation that chev gave napco
installed trucks a different model/series number except for this 58
sub.

But if they did give different model numbers to napcos, then I wonder
what they would call a napco with liftgate as the last number for any
suburban model number is a "6" (3106, 3116, 3156).

Please advise.
Eric Pesci