[oletrucks] Trucks:Rear End Ratios

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Trucks:Rear End Ratios
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:59:13 -500
I saw a thread a while back about how to determine rear gear ratios
without having to pull off the cover...Is there a way.?  I looked
thru the archives but could not find the article...When I spin the
pinion one complete 360* revolution the axle turns 4/5ths of one
revolution.
If I pull the cover i could count the teeth on both the ring and the
pinion then what?
If I divide the ring by the pinion i am gonna get 1.08? something...
if I divide the pinion by the ring i will get .08? something.
DUH !  I can't believe I forgot how to do this...
I can't believe I can spin the pinion one turn and get 4/5 of a turn
from the axle shaft.
Rogerg
51-3100 AD Stocker