RE: [oletrucks] Trucks:Rear End Ratios

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Trucks:Rear End Ratios
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:49:47 -500
Ok, did as terry has stated below...Held the right wheel turn the
left one revolution and the driveshaft yoke rotates one and a quarter
revolutions...Held left... turn right... same results...What gives
here?    I thought the ratio stood for turns in relation to 1 as in
3.56:1, or 4.11 to 1 as examples... in this case it would be 1.25 to
1 or 1.25:1 yes/no?   How so? this rear came from a '78 el'Camino SS.
This does not sound right to me. I'm going to pull the cover anyway to
replace the backing plates so I will check the number of teeth on the
Ring & pinion.  It is not a posi or limited slip... What gives
Rogerg
51-3100 AD Stocker