Re: [oletrucks] NAPCO questions

To: <BMORRI1@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] NAPCO questions
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 21:12:45 -0800
Good question!  I don't know.  I have a photo of a 59 Chevy Suburban 4X4
that is a factory promotional still.  The truck does have locking hubs, and
the only hubcaps on it are on the rear.  I have also seen a set of GMC
"baby moons" that were on a 3/4-ton AD NAPCO Powr-Pak (1954 I think) that
had the center of the front caps drilled/milled out to clear the hubs.  It
looked a little rough to be a factory thing, but it may have been.  My
brochures aren't any help,  they only show trucks with the hubcaps over the
top.  I suppose you could just pop the hubcap off when you needed to engage
the hubs.  Some models (there are at least four different manufacturers) of
the locking hubs are probably short enough to clear the hubcap.  My GMC
advertisement shows all the trucks with hubcaps over the front wheel too.
Does anyone else have some insight into this?  Bob Adler maybe?

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC
----------
> From: BMORRI1@aol.com
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject: [oletrucks] NAPCO questions
> Date: Wednesday, February 17, 1999 7:01 PM
>

> Does anyone know if factory built 4-wheel drive trucks came with hubcaps
when
> equipped with locking hubs?  I have seen photos of 4-wheel drive trucks
with
> hubcaps which obviously don't have locking hubs and I was wondering if
Chevy