[oletrucks] another paint question

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] another paint question
From: Brad Newman <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:22:57 -0600
I am currently going through the process of having my 49 3100 painted. I
had thought that I wanted the truck painted "cape maroon", and ordered a
pint (for testing) from my local paint supplier. I had the original DUCO
#'s, and had several folks on the list mail me modern codes for this
color in both BC/CC and PPG, plus I cross referenced these at the paint
store.
The color I was going for is the same color that is on the AD on the
cover of "How To Restore Your Chevrolet Pickup", which in the picture
looks brown. This color is also on a 49 in the book "Chevrolet Pickup
Trucks", and it looks brown also. The color that came in my test pint is
almost a plum color.
Has anyone out there ever seen cape maroon on a truck? If so, what did
it look like? I'm not sure which one is correct (the pics in the books
or the paint in this can).
Thanks
Brad