Re: [oletrucks] another paint question

To: "D. SLANEY" <ppm@dlcwest.com>, <BOWSS@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] another paint question
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 16:41:56 -0500
Don, I went the "thrifty" route with the pinstripes on my truck.  I went to
NAPA and got the silver pinstripes and put them on myself.  Even though this
is not truly original, I didn't think I could find the Argent Silver
paint...then get the pinstripes painted on.

I had never put pinstripes on a vehicle before and was going to have a body
shop do it....until they said it would cost $25.  I figured I'd give it a
try first.  I did, and was very pleased.  I found you don't need a super
steady hand, just a little patience.  The pinstripe is very forgiving.  Just
stick it on...and if you don't like it, gently lift it off and put it on
again (using the same piece of pinstriping).  It doesn't stick tight until
it's been on the truck for a couple of hours, so you can lift it off and
start over several times if you need to.  And I needed to!  End product for
the cab and the grille was really good.  Let me know if you need more info.
BTW, use a good quality pinstripe.  I chose 3M.  It cost a little more, but
I figured it was worth it.
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100