[oletrucks] Column Shift

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Column Shift
From: FRVT83E@prodigy.com ( MIKE BOTELER)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:28:27, -0500
>>Bob, so far I haven't found conclusive proof that the 3-speed
column shift
was offered in '47.  However, on page 98 of the "Chevrolet 1947
Specifications--Truck", the 3-speed transmission is detailed along
with the
4-speed.  That's proof that a 3-speed was offered....it just doesn't
say
whether or not the 3-speed was COLUMN mounted.  I'll continue my
search and
post any info I find.  Anyone else have any proof that a 3-speed
column
shift was offered in 1947??
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100<<

My '29-59 Parts Book shows column shift parts for '48-54 as being the
same!  All earlier years seem to be floor shift.

Mike B  '56 8400 Wrecker  :)