Re: [oletrucks] 350 install update

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 350 install update
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 17:35:12 -0800
dave riffel wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who wished me encouragement and
> advice on my engine install.  Some of you had some questions which I
> have not yet had time to answer but will in the near future.
>
> As far as the actual job goes:  the weather was absolutely fantastic!
> The clouds cleared off and it got into the 70's.  Perfect.
>
> We got the new engine and tranny mocked up in the frame rails and
> supported fore and aft.  The frame is levelled as is the manifold.  We
> had to trim the bottom "seam" on the cab (where the toe board meets the
> floor) to get an extra 3/4" to move the tranny up.  We wanted to get as
> much clearance for the oil pan as possible.  This truck is not being
> built for show nor will it be restricted to paved roads.  Tommorow Dad
> will fabricate some tranny and motor mount brackets.  I need to get my
> steering hook up kit (Borgeson joints, etc. for Heidt's Must. II
> suspension) so we know where to put the driver's side motor mount.  Once
> we're hard mounted I'll begin to button up the front end and we'll spin
> it around to do the rear axle.
>
> The clearances are working out perfectly.  I have 1" clearance behind
> the distributor and it pulls out easily.  I have probably as much in
> front of the fan (using short water pump) and will move the radiator
> forward 1/2" for a little extra.  I also need to move the radiator down
> to make the fan clear the lower water port and tranny lines.
>
> Boy, this is one heck of a lot of fun.  And in February!
>
> Dave Riffel

Ahh, nothing like a proud poppa! You'll have to hand out cigars once you
get it fired. *LOL* It IS fun, isn't it.
Speaking of February, the is NO snow left here, and today the temp
climbed to almost 60F! Gotta love this global warming!!

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy "1314" daily driver
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles