[oletrucks] AD Hood Trim Confusion

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] AD Hood Trim Confusion
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 18:16:49 EST
        From what I have been able to glean from the standard sources, my '51
AD 3600
should have both the CHEVROLET and the 3600 logos displayed on each side of
the hood.
        Thanks to the kindness of one of our oletruck listees, I have found the
rare
3600 logos and am about to order the CHEVROLET repops from one of our
suppliers.
        The confusion arises from the lack of mounting holes on the side of the
hood
for the numbers. There are two holes, and the spacing looks good for fitting
the maker's logo, but there are no other holes. My first thought was that
somebody had swapped out the hood sometime in the past. The problem with that
theory is that the other '51s that I have seen recently all have the same two
hole only hoods. Is this really just some weird coincidence, or is it possible
that at least some '51s came with only the CHEVROLET and no numbers?

Paul O'Neil,
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
Hudson29@aol.com