Re: [oletrucks] AD Hood Trim Confusion

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD Hood Trim Confusion
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 21:18:43 -0800
tcape wrote:

> Paul, Chevy Duty has a section on their webpage entitled, "What Year Is My
> Truck?"  The info in this section says that Chevy started using the number
> designations in "late 1949", and stopped using them in 1952.  Nothing is
> mentioned about some models not having the numbers.  Probably, some PO
> swapped the hood.  My '47 has a column shift...and nothing I can find says
> that the column shift was offered before 1948.  I think for many years,
> there were not many suppliers for these old trucks.  I think people just
> went to the junkyards and got whatever they could find....from any year
> available.  Nice thing about your truck, you can use a drill...and the right
> holes will miraculously appear in your hood!  :-D
> Tom Caperton
> '47 2nd 3100

According to all catalogs, my '48 should have the Chevrolet Thriftmaster
emblems on the hood. As you can see in the pics on my website, it only
has the Chevrolet emblems. There doesn't seem to be any non-used holes
on the hood either. I know by the production number (9031) that it is an
early '48, but that shouldn't make any difference. Ahhh...ancient
mysteries!

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy "1314" daily driver!!
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles