[oletrucks] Speedo Question

To: "oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net" <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Speedo Question
From: cupola2@worldnet.att.net
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 22:04:16 -0800
Thank you for helping me with my previous question re:  the speedometer
on my '54.  I dropped the driveline at the U joint behind the
transmission.  Unscrew the collar, 4 bolts for the cover, slide back to
expose the U joint, then 4 small bolts with clips and it drops right
there.  Found out there is no drive gear on what I would call the out
put shaft????  Does the drive gear go on the shaft (out put) or, does it
slide over the shaft area on the yoke?  Guess when the PO  went from 3
spd to 4 spd, he did not install the drive gear.  Also guess that the
speedo gear that I pulled out was probably used just to plug the hole in
the yoke assembly.  Installed gear, then slid yoke on and gear looks
like it lines up with smooth, recessed area on yoke. Otherwise, I think
the truck drives wonderful.  Its slow, but sure is steady.  Thanks,
John