Re: Re: [oletrucks] brow patch panels

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: [oletrucks] brow patch panels
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 15:27:40 EST
I've been collecting parts to convert my 58 to a 56 front end; yes the 55-57
fenders/hood will bolt on the 58-59's.

A patch panel is available for the 55-57 fender behind the wheel well, but it
is not the same as the 58/59.  The 58/59's have a much wider lip on the bottom
of the fender edge than the 55-57's.  I had a 57 and a 58 side by side on
Saturday specifically to check.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
Knoxville, TN

<<Charlie and All,
When I was looking for fender patches for the lower rear area behind the
wheel opening for my 59, I was told that the 58-59 fender is different in
that area as well as the "dual headlight" arrangement.
However, I believe Charlie is correct in assuming that 55-57 Fenders as a
whole will fit on a 58-59, in fact I think we have list members who have
55-57 Front Ends on 58-59 trucks.
Eric St.Phillips
1959 GMC 100, long fleetside
Fairport, NY>>