Re: [oletrucks] Truck stampings

To: Richard Kinas <rkinas@ctinet.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Truck stampings
From: Bob Casebeer <ddduck@garlic.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 19:57:04 -0800
Richard
The problem with the stampings in the sheetmetal  isn't just
on the later yrs. The rear fenders were made until 1966 and
i have seen a few of the drivers side rear fenders that don't
have a good crease in the middle. It seems that they did learn
to build and assemble them better as they went along as the
door fender and hood margins seemed to get better. If anyone
is going to the trouble to change a dash the gmc dash is a little
better if you want to use individual gauges. These old trucks were
never very well fit and there is where the work is when you try
to make them right I have a couple of gmc dashes and 1 really nice
57 chev. if someone wants to email off the list. The work to take
the dash out is worth more than the dash hehehelol.
Bob Casebeer
2 57 chevys and 56 gmc short beds big windows