[oletrucks] Smoking above 55 MPH

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Smoking above 55 MPH
From: Jeremy Eastman <jeastman@appliedtheory.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 11:38:04 -0500
I'm getting sporadic white w/ (maybe)bluish-tinged smoke when I get just
above 55 MPH (~load and slope).  I've had some overheating problems due to
lost coolant from a water jacket leak.. so I'm suspecting a slight head
gasket leak or bad head/block brought on by overheating.

I also get a milder version of this when I first start my engine until it
warms up.  Haven't noticed any smoke at high RPM's in first or second, only
in third and above 55 MPH.

Does this point to a valve or ring problem or am I correct in guessing
something head/block/coolant related?  FTHOI (For The Hell Of It), I added
NAPA Engine Restore, and was surprised to get some actual increase in
horsepower (or so it seems), but the smoke problem didn't begin to go away.

Any help/advice appreciated.. thanks.