[oletrucks] No Gas??!!! (trying to ween my '47-2)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] No Gas??!!! (trying to ween my '47-2)
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 16:13:11 EST
Howdy All,
Casey here with an annoying carb problem, but first a question?
What is the latest model of carb that will fit a '55 235 w/ stock intake?

Now the Problem....
If I do not drive the '47-2 thriftmaster EVERYDAY, the Gas goes back to the
tank. This Bites, I have to choke and hope that there is enough left in the
bowl to run untill the pump catches up. otherwise dead. I've an '55 235 with a
rochester 1 bl carb.  The carb looks old and glazed over with varnish from
evaporated fuel.  I was under the impresion that the bowl seal was bad and was
leaking, not badly but enough to keep the outside upper bowl damp. The other
day I noticed an exceptionally bad leak in the front of the seal, and whent
too remove the carb, when I removed the gas line the reducer for the gas line
into the carb was cracked in about 3 places, so I went to a FLAPS and got
another reducer, Problem solved? not, It did seem to help, but now after 1+
days the same thing.  hummm.  Any Ideas?