Re: Re: [oletrucks] 366 V-8/big blocks

To: <MarkNoakes@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: [oletrucks] 366 V-8/big blocks
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 08:52:56 -0800
There is a truck specific 427ci.  The two C-70 Chevy's that I used to drive
at work both had 427ci "truck blocks" (1981, 1985).  The motor does have a
taller deck height, and I have been told that they use different heads and
intake that the standard 427ci. car motor.  I don't think that a standard
454ci would stand up to the abuse that these motors suffer.  As far as I
know they were still using this motor in the big C-series trucks until a
few years ago (I have seen a 1991 C-60 with this motor) and may still be.

Weren't all of the 400ci motors small-blocks?  I have seen a 402ci. big
block, but I thought all of the 400ci motors were small-blocks.

Where is Jim Forbes when you need him. 8^)

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco