[oletrucks] Off Topic...Humor

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Off Topic...Humor
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 12:41:21 -0500
I'm originally from Alabama so I can post this one!  :-)
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100

A woman from the deepest, most southern part of Alabama goes into the
local newspaper office to have the obituary for her recently deceased
husband placed in the paper.  The obit editor informs her that the fee for
the
obituary is 50 cents a word.

She pauses, reflects and then says, "Well, then let it read, 'Billy Bob
died'."

Amused at the woman's thrift, the editor says, "Sorry ma'm there is a 7
word minimum for all obituaries".

Only a little flustered, she thinks things over and in a few seconds
says, "In that case, let it read, 'Billy Bob died - 1974 pickup for sale'."