Re: [oletrucks] Drivetrain Vibration

To: "Grant Galbraith" <trks@javanet.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Drivetrain Vibration
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 22:46:17 -0800
Just a thought,  have you changed anything in the rear drive train
recently?   If so, have you done something to change the angle of the drive
line in relation to the rear diff.?  If the drive line and the rear diff.
are too far out of line, the difference in angle (acceleration vs.
deceleration) can put your U-joints in a bind enough to do this.  The old
CJ-Jeeps were bad for this if you swapped an axle housing without doing
your homework.  Good luck.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco