RE: [oletrucks] Mixed emotions about clunker type laws

To: "'Passnb4U@aol.com'" <Passnb4U@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Mixed emotions about clunker type laws
From: Tom Burt <tburt@hirose.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:07:55 -0800
If the legislators want to pick somebody for clean air, start with
regulating the industry in their areas.  Oregon has a lot of logging
industry.  Logging, from what I know, is relatively harmless; however, it's
the paper/pulp factories that pollute.

Of course, you can't tell that to the Oregon representatives...that's their
bread and butter!
Buses and badly-tuned diesel Mercedes Benzes dump a lot of crap into the
air.  Do they attack them?
No.  The upwardly mobile drive MBs and could give a @#$% about hobbyists
and enthusiasts.

So, just how many "clunkers" are contributing to the overall problem?  I
bet a lot less than 2 to 5%.

OK.  Gimme sumthin to sign.  I'm getting fired up!

Tom B. 57 Stepside 3200