RE: [oletrucks] I liked it

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] I liked it
From: sheldon <sheldon@ssmachine.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:06:51 -0800
  Cathie,

   Almost all chevy small block engines will "drop" in...one thing to watch for
is the
front mount bolt holes in the block casting.  I am planning to use a '92 LT1
Corvette engine
in my '56 4x4, (yup muscle car type!), but not so much for a "go fast" but the
port fuel injection
and electronic ignition dependability for a daily driver.  As far as parts
sources... keep your ear to
the ground!

  Sheldon  '5 4x4
  sheldon@ssmachine.com

Appears to be artistic expression at this point....without the rest of
the vehicle!  LOL!  Guess I'd better make introductions to this group as
I haven't seen any responses from women yet.  I'm a very new owner of a
'59 Chevy Apache Fleetside which I have had my eye on for about 5 years
and was finally able to purchase from a friend after he decided to sell
(wife got a new car and he got her other one..didn't want 3 vehicles) .
My first car was '57 Chevy Bel Air when I was a junior in high school
and loved it (wish I had it now).  I have ordered numerous catalogs and
will eventually be doing my own work on it (maintenance etc) but I work
2 jobs 7 days a week right now (gotta pay for the Apache) so I have a
few questions until I get my printed material.  I have a 283 V-8 in it
(stock 3 on the tree tranny) but will eventually have to put another
engine it.  I have heard several opinions about changing from a 283 to a
350 because of "cost effectiveness, availability of parts, unleaded gas,
etc.  I would like any feedback on this.  I'm not into "muscle" cars (no
offense) so I don't really need more power just what would be best for
my wallet and truck!  Also any advice on parts resources....I live in
Northern Coastal California, and need to replace a few parts...gauges
work except speedometer, brake peddle/accelerator pads .  Thanks,
Cathie.