Re: [oletrucks] Spotlight accessory

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, TomGreer@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spotlight accessory
From: "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@mail.symet.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:39:31 CST
Myuncle used to have a spotlight on an old 1956 F*&d PU. Trouble was he only
had it on for about 5 weeks. Used to be in Oklahoma you could have a spotlight
on public service vehicles, phone and electric company vehicles. The Highway
Patrol let him off with a warning. Other states state that you must always have
the light facing down and backwards during normal driving. You might want to
check with the local law enforcement guys before purchasing one. They would
also be able to tell you where to get one of the better lights (non-plastic
gears and shafts) and chrome thick enough that it does not rust out in 3 years
(if it is ok to put one on your truck). I personally enjoyed the look of a well
mounted spot light. Best of luck..Bob Fentress