[oletrucks] 256 Engines

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 256 Engines
From: Jeremy Eastman <jeastman@appliedtheory.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:22:11 -0500
Well, the cracked head on my 55-2 truck's 235 has reeaally got me thinking
about keeping a spare engine handy.  I've come across a guy that has two
Chevy 256 I-6's, but I have no clue if it's a clean drop-in to the mounts
and tranny.  One's out of a 69 Impala, one's out of a 67 Camaro.  No
tranny's on either, so I'd have to mount my existing 3-spd to their bell
housing.  These engine came out of cars w/ auto tranny's.

Anybody dropped one of these 256 engines into a 2nd series I-6 mounting?  I
haven't been able to come across any info on this.  Thanks.