Re: [oletrucks] GMC Gauges in a Chevy

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, ALJ@hartcrowser.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] GMC Gauges in a Chevy
From: "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@zeus.symet.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:44:06 CST
Allen, you have a series circuit that the guage (acting like an milliamp meter)
operates on the amount of current limited by the sending unit. Are you
operating on a 12 Volt system or a 6 Volt system? Send me a note offline and I
will see if I can help you out. You will need a good voltmeter, variable power
supply, know what the "H" temp really is, and a good cooking thermometer to
measure water temp with over the stove. This is really the correct way to set
this up. Does anyone out there have a good book that states the current when
the meter movement is at full scale? This would help. Thanks...Bob Fentress