Re: [oletrucks] NO BRAKES

To: Jimmy <doodle@flintemc.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] NO BRAKES
From: "Paul G. Blosser" <pblosser@sripok.win.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 08:40:00 -0500
Jimmy wrote:

> I need a little help. I installed disc brakes on my 55 yesterday.I have
> bled all lines using a quart of brake fluid.It has power brakes. When
> you crank the engine and apply the brake pedal goes to the floor, you
> have to pull it back up and still no brakes. Could I still have air in
> the lines.
> Jimmy
> doodle@flintemc.net
> http://members.flintemc.net/~doodle/index.html
Do you still have brake fluid in the master cylinder?  If your master
cylinder needs rebuild I suppose it could suck the fluid into the intake
manifold.  You should have a check valve on the power brake line.  I'd
check the fluid level first and look for leaks associated with the power
portion of the master cylinder.

Paul Blosser
School of Metaphysics
1954 3100