[oletrucks] First Questions

To: "'Chevy Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] First Questions
From: Bruce Ford <Booomie@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 20:56:58 -0400
Hi...I'm new to this list because of our new addition to the family.  I
have a quick question about a post that came through last week.  It was
about the pressure rating for the coolant systems on the older trucks (I
think).  This is something I never thought about so I assumed that it
was okay to put a 16 psi rated cap on the radiator of a straight 6
(original I think) on a 1959 chevy.  Is this damaging?  Or can you get
by with it if it is a pressure release cap?

Quickly about us....I've had a 79 monte carlo for about 7 years and it
has been my extremely modified daily driver, but last Saturday we (my
girlfriend and I) bought a 1959 Chevy 3/4 ton longbed.  It was
apparently used by FPL (Florida Power and Light) for about 10 years.  It
has a 4 speed on the floor, a 250 (?) straight 6, and runs.  It's
problems are no brakes, removed windows, and small patches of rust.  We
intend to restore it, then modify it mildly with brakes, SB, and an
Automatic Trans.  So thank you for listening and any answers.  Take
care....

Bruce Ford (<-----the irony of it)
79 monte carlo 59 chevy 3/4