Re: [oletrucks] Points>>>HEI Conversion

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Points>>>HEI Conversion
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:58:21 -0400

> Viewing the top of the cap, which one is number one, counting
> clockwise from
> where the module wires and Bat-Tach wires connect?

Tim, from where you describe, the number 1 plug is connected to the 2nd
post, clockwise from the batt/tach connector.  And you have the firing
order correct.  If this does not correct the problem and you still get
backfiring, it is possible you have the distributor clocked 180 degrees
out of phase and you are trying to fire #1 on its exhaust stroke.
Remember on the timing marks on the balancer you have 2 TDC's, one for
combustion and the 2nd for exhaust as the crank rotates twice for each
rotation of the distibutor (and cam).  Check your wire locations, and if
that's not the problem, post another note and we'll go from there.

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100
72 Chevelle with newly rebuilt 350