[oletrucks] TF Identification

To: "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] TF Identification
From: Tom Burt <tburt@hirose.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 08:28:40 -0700
I went to the bank last week in my '57 3200 stepside Chevy.  I pulled in
head first and walked in. When coming out, I met an old friend.  We talked
a little and I motioned to my latest truck.  All you could see from our
angle was the last part of the rear fender and bed (long-bed sticks out
some).  He says: "Ah!  You got a '57."
I asked him how he could tell, and he said he could tell by the shape of
the rear fender.
I always thought that 2st-series 55 to 57 bodies (with the exception of
hoods, grilles, and trim) were all the same.
Can someone clarify this?
Was this guy blowin' smoke or is there a difference in stepside fender
styles throughout the early TF years?

Tom B. '57 Stepside 3200