Re: [oletrucks] '59 Chevy 3/4 ton tranny?

To: Kevin Lake <lakek@oit.edu>, "'Chevy Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '59 Chevy 3/4 ton tranny?
From: Bruce Ford <Booomie@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 19:14:28 -0400
Well, forgive my misinformation.  I'm going on what 2 trans. builders + a chevy
master tech told me.  I personally have had several 350s in my car and haven't
been able to keep one together yet.  Then again, I race on a regular basis and
have a 355 SB that makes close to 450 hp.  But, I have seen 700's break in
other peoples car and trucks.  And everyone that I know that makes any
resonable amount of power won't even dream of putting in a 700 without the
knowledge that they'll be fixing it on a regular basis.  Hence the reason I'm
going with a Jerico 6 speed next time it breaks.  I figure the manual
replacement will last much longer.  I still think that your best fix for this
high gearing is with the rear end.

Sorry if we are getting off the subject with these emails....  So based on
these emails I also have a question.  We are working on a 59 3/4 also, and are
interested in putting a 350 in it.  But we are also interested in keeping it a
manual, and we wondering on the strength of the 4 speeds that came with these
trucks.  Anyways...just curious.

Thanks and sorry for taking up all the bandwidth....
Bruce