[oletrucks] GMC Sending Unit Q

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC Sending Unit Q
From: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:53:15 -0700
Can anyone comment on the correct ranges of resistance that should be present
in a '50 to '52 GMC electric (6 volt) temperature sending unit?  I bought one
from Jim Carter (by the way, VERY nice fellow - extremely knowledgeable,
pleasant to talk to), and the resistance is way up in the several k ohm range.
Seems way too high.  The resistances seem to check out on each side of the
gauge (less than about an ohm).  Wanted to get more info before I called Jim
Carter back to discuss getting another sending unit.  Any help would be
appreciated.