Re: [oletrucks] 1958 Apache 36 Wheels

To: jrdorsey@strato.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1958 Apache 36 Wheels
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 17:55:00 EDT
In a message dated 04/25/99 12:08:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jrdorsey@strato.net writes:

<<
 We did however have a couple of locals that mounted a 16.5" tire on a
 16" rim, rolled it down to a tire store and aired it up (without asking
 permission). One of them got a helicopter ride to Tampa General Hospital
 where they managed to re-attatch his arm, the other only lost a finger.
 Then they sued the store for leaving the air hose out where they could
 get to it! >>

Did he sign the paperwork with the reattached hand?

Chevy never used the killer style split rim.  I've changed many of the 2 and
3 piece
Chevy rims without incident.  I use a remote inflation chuck and restrain the
rim when inflating.  Don't stand in the trajectory of potentially flying
ring.  I wrote two articles about this for THIS OLD TRUCK a couple of years
ago.
Bob ADler