Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Pump Rebuild Kits and Frustration

To: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Pump Rebuild Kits and Frustration
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:53:15 -0700
Have you checked with NAPA?  It amazes me what those guys and gals can come
up with some times.  They must have one heck of a large vendor list.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco

----------
> From: Allen L. Jones <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject: [oletrucks] Fuel Pump Rebuild Kits and Frustration
> Date: Tuesday, April 27, 1999 9:50 AM
>
> Does anyone know of a source for fuel pump rebuild kits?  I have a dual
action fuel pump for a Chevy inline ('52 to '57) I'd like to rebuild myself
(being the do-it-yourself type) and nobody, I mean nobody, will sell a
rebuild kit for it.  It's a very easy rebuild.  Several vendors are happy
to exchange it for a rebuilt one, but will not sell the rebuild kit....and
are very frank about not offering a kit.  I'm getting the sense that
someone has a little monopoly going on out there...maybe not.  It's like
offering a rebuilt motor, but not offering the parts so you rebuilt it
yourself.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.