Re: [oletrucks] timing

To: my51truck@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] timing
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:45:56 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/99 8:34:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
my51truck@hotmail.com writes:

<< I hate asking questions that I should know the answer too, but if I
 need to redard my timing a little is that turning it so it fires
 closer to TDC, or away????

 Dave

  Kinda depends where it's at now.  If you're at "0" or somehwere ATDC, then
you'll get further away to ATDC, if you're somehwere BTDC, then you'll get
closer to TDC'

BTDC refers to when the spark hits before the piston comes to the top, so the
more you advance the timing BTDC, the lower the piston will be from TDC on
the up stroke.  The more you retard the timing form BTDC, then yes, it's
closer to TDC, until you get ATDC, then it get's further away.

  Did I just say the same thing twice?  Think so, anyway, hope this helps.

  Mike