Re: [oletrucks] Update on 16" 8-hole wheel

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Update on 16" 8-hole wheel
From: PJMONES@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 20:50:56 EDT
Smokey, my '53 3600 has 8 lug Ford wheels on it.  The rims clear the tie rod
ends only by 1/4 inch, but work fine.  Due to the close clearance to the tie
rod you cannot place wheel weights on the inside of the rim. Have them
install the stick on type if they need to add weight to the inside. Also, I
could not get the Chevy hub caps to fit these rims. The Ford rims have four
lobes on the area where the hub cap  go and this area is also slightly
smaller.  I tried to notch a hub cap for the lobes and found out that I still
could not get them to fit.  I then got involved with other things and did not
have a chance to try something different to get them to fit.  Let me know if
you figure something out and I will do the same.  I recently picked up a set
of beauty rings that really dressed up the wheels. The hub caps would be nice.
Pete
'53 3600, "Ole Betsy"
http://chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/peter53.jpg