Re: [oletrucks] Wanted GMC 302 straight six engine

To: "David Miller" <davidmiller@home.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wanted GMC 302 straight six engine
From: "Ralph Linnell" <ChevySix@seatac.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 14:12:35 -0700
These engines "302 Jimmies" are not quite as hard as "chicken lips" to find
but are fastly becoming that way. I know where one was in Iowa a couple of
weeks ago, but I don't know if it is still available or not. It was a pretty
complete setup with clutch,  alum. flywheel, bellhousing I believe, alum 4
bbl. intake manifold and cast iron headers. Has been destroked and balanced.
It has been run some but not much as I understand it. Price is $2500 plus
shipping.

This may sound kind of pricy but parts to rebuild this engine are not cheap
as well as the machine work to destroke the setup is not cheap either. You
might want to send a personal email to Jack Halton on this list as he has
one installed in his "ole truck" and I think he is thinking about rebuilding
his. He is probably the most knowledgeable person on this list when it comes
to "302's".

If you want the gentleman's phone # that has/had the "GMC 302" sent me an
email off the list and I will give it to you.
Ralph Linnell

"ChevySix"
ChevySix@seatac.net
http://www.seatac.net/chevysix/
Inliners International Membership Chairman
Inliner # 2132