Re: [oletrucks] bearing race

To: lakek@oit.edu, edngael@open.org, oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] bearing race
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:12:05 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/99 10:14:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time, lakek@oit.edu
writes:

<< Be very careful, but you might try gently heating it with a torch.  You
 want to warm it up, and then try to pull the bearing out with a bearing
 puller.  If you don't have one, you might be able to rent a long arm
 puller.  If you have the room, and some place to grab the race, you might
 be able to use a chunk of narrow bar stock laid across the opening to pull
 against.  Good luck.  I hope this works for you.

 Kevin Lake
 56 GMC Suburban/napco

  Just a quick note, heat the housing, not the race.

  Mike