Re: [oletrucks] Spastic gas gauge

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spastic gas gauge
From: John Dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 07:56:53 -0700
Paul,

it sounds like a voltage fluctuation to me. I've seen F*rds do this when
their instrument voltage regulator was bad, but Chevys don't have one of
those.

Do the headlights do the same thing? You can't tell from the D-C gauge
because it's just an ammeter. Take a voltmeter and check your voltage at
the ignition switch with it on (it's easier to get to than the gauge).

It may be the vehicle voltage regulator kicking in and out. Open the
hood and listen to see if it is clicking at the same rate as the guage
fluctuation.

--
John   "49-50-54-57-79-95" Chevy 3800 Panel