Re: [oletrucks] Spastic gas gauge

To: pfoxtrot@gate.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spastic gas gauge
From: TomGreer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 01:41:49 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/99 1:14:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pfoxtrot@gate.net writes:

<< One thing I did notice however was the gas gauge going nuts. When I
 turned the ignition on the needle immediately jumped to near half tank
 reading. Withiin a few seconds it started jumping to full scale then
 falling back to the initial reading with a cycle period of a bit over a
 second. >>

Paul,

The easiest thing to check is your power and ground.  Could be a bunch of
other things - sending unit, or gauge itself, but start with your ground...

Good luck,

Tom
'49 3100