Re: [oletrucks] To Power Or Not To Power, That Is The Question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] To Power Or Not To Power, That Is The Question
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 02:35:29 -0700
WR Teto wrote:

> Does anyone out here have opinions, yea or nay on manual rack and pinion
> steering for my 53 that will soon receive a M-II independent front
> suspension.  I talked to the guys at Fat Man Fab, and they feel the
> power rack is not necessary.  Any sugestions, how does the manual rack
> work with a 15" steering wheel, ease of parking, etc.  Is the power rack
> too "twitchy"?  I'd like to order the IFS soon, but am still on the
> fence with the power/no power thing.
>
> Tnx...
>
> Wally / Templeton, MA
> 53 3100 rodstoration

The manual rack in my '48 is OK, but I think I'll change to a power unit
this fall. It's tolerable when you're moving, but parking can be a pain.
It's also tiring when driving in a strong crosswind on the highway.
Besides, I'm getting older, and want to take the lazy way out! :-)

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles