[oletrucks] 235 Motor mounting question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 Motor mounting question
From: zorro@pop3.kih.net
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 11:49:43 +0000
I have a 235 engine out of a 62 Chevy car I am mounting into my 58 Apache.
Most of the engine appears identical except for the engine mounts. My original
engine mounted next to the very front with 2 bolts in the block. This engine
has a "three hole" mount in the block, and it's located approximately 8"
further back. The original engine seems to be equiped to take this mount as
well (has both sets of holes), but the newer engine won't take the front mount.

Has anyone converted this type mount to their truck? If so, any advise?
I plan on finding the mount part that was on the original 62 and seeing what
modifications it would require....

TIA for any help, comments, suggestions.

Bert <58 Apache>