[oletrucks] Truck Buying Advice

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Truck Buying Advice
From: "Michael Snow" <mwsnow@home.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 07:01:52 -0700
This is a bit off-topic, but I know a lot of you have newtrucks
too.

I have decided that my '53 is going to have a stablemate.  I need
something that will tow my '53 and haul a slide-in camper.  I am
seriously considering purchasing a military surplus M1008 CUCV.
These are bare-bones '82-'85 K3500 diesels with 28v starting
system.  I have very limited experience with diesel maintenance
but want to keep the truck alive without the aid of a
"professional" mechanic.  If anyone has personal experience with
the 6.2 liter diesel, I would appreciate any and all comments.

Mike Snow
1953 3100
mwsnow@home.com