Re: [oletrucks] Wheel bearings and seals

To: <cupola2@worldnet.att.net>, <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wheel bearings and seals
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 21:15:54 -0700
Spring side of the seal will normally go in toward whatever you are
sealing. .  I am assuming "dressing the stake points"  means to use a file
to clean up the  rough edges on the sealing surface where the old seal was
"staked" into position using a punch.  As to the use of Permatex, I don't
know.  I use RTV or Permatex for a lot of stuff, but I don't know in this
case, I can't imagine that a little bit would hurt anything.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco