Re: [oletrucks] I bought a 57 dump truck

To: " MIKE BOTELER" <FRVT83E@prodigy.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] I bought a 57 dump truck
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 21:04:39 -0700
Don't laugh, in bracket racing consistency is EVERYTHING.  About 10 years
ago, before the drag strip in Las Vegas, NV became an "International
Speedway" they used to do "race what ya brung" nites at the drag strip.
There was an S-10 Chevy 2.8L/Automatic and a VW Rabbit/Automatic that would
regularly THUMP the big boys.  There trick was reaction time (good
reflexes/driving) and consistency.  They would put their foot down when the
light turned green, no tire squealing, no hesitation.  It was fun to watch,
as long as you didn't have to run against them.  The winner was the
quickest off the line and the closest to their ET (estimated time) without
"breaking out" (going faster than your ET).  If you have a track that does
this type of racing, give it a try.  It is cheap and fun, and you get to
see a lot of neat cars and trucks (you may even get to race a few of them).
 Good luck.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco

> From:  MIKE   BOTELER <FRVT83E@prodigy.com>