Re: [oletrucks] Thumping sound

To: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>, "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Thumping sound
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 08:48:22 -0700
This may sound stupid, but do you have hubcaps?  About four years ago my
neighbors kid put a rock inside the hubcap.  Between about 10 and 50 mph it
made this annoying thud-thud-thud.  Above and below that speed it was
quiet.  I wouldn't have caught it until I rotated tires, but the neighbor
was telling me how his kid put a rock in a hubcap on all of his vehicles
because he thought it sounded "neat" (so much for the amusement of a 10
year old).

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco