Re: [oletrucks] 350 Mounting

To: "sheldon" <sheldon@ssmachine.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 350 Mounting
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 15:52:07 -0700
>From what I have read, the new "small block" Chevy is all new from valve
covers to oil-pan.  I guess there are no parts that will swap between new
(1999 and up 4.7L, 5.3L, and 6.0L) and old (305ci/5.0L and 350ci/5.7L)
motors.  It will be very interesting to see what comes of this "new"
design.  I have heard rumor (one of the parts guys at the local GMC
dealership) that there is an OHC head that is in the works for this new
series.  If the new design includes 3 or 4 valves per cylinder, this could
increase performance considerably (and the new motors are pretty hot
already, compare the new 6.0L V-8 Chevy/GMC  to F#@d's V-10).  Take care.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco

> From: sheldon <sheldon@ssmachine.com>